Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Social Media, Marketing, and Beauty made Simple

In a "I want it now" world, and with an economy that shows promising growth, companies more than ever target consumers through social media. It's no longer about "the hard sell", it's more about the slow temptation that drives the public to a particular brand.  For example, I took a look at Pinterest and noticed a multitude of beautiful women who wore Maybelline Cosmetics. Does that mean if I purchase Maybelline Cosmetics  I will be as beautiful as the women who showcase this brand of makeup? Or will I transform into Cinderella instead of looking like one of her evil stepsisters? I had to try my hand at this eye shadow! Low and behold, I fell for the marketing scheme Maybelline uses to peddle its wares.  I made a mad dash to my neighborhood Walgreens because social media has drilled it into my head that this chain of stores is customer focused. As I scoured the cosmetic isles looking for my magic in a compact I happen upon many other brands that do not suite my fancy. I am discouraged until I  finally find the item that is going to revamp my look and convert me into America's Next Top Model. I couldn't wait to get home so that I could have a makeup session and look as good as those that modeled Maybelline Temptation eye shadow on Pinterest.

The Maybelline Cosmetics campaign utilizes visualization to maintain and increase its customer base on social media. I find that this campaign is very effective considering the fact that the women were already beautiful before using this brand of makeup. I was so engrossed in the beauty of the images on my laptop screen that I really did purchase this compact. Although I am under the impression that Maybelline's targeted audience is the younger generation, I feel this company can be more effective by targeting women as a whole, not only by the beauty youth brings. With an array of makeup lines to choose from, Maybelline's marketing campaign on Pinterest is definitely an easy choice and is what I call beauty made simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment