Thursday, March 15, 2018

Heineken | Worlds Apart | #OpenYourWorld


Heineken | Worlds Apart | #OpenYourWorld
I recently had a pretty intense interview for a very large Ad agency. As I was preparing myself for it, I went over the most impactful campaigns I’ve seen over the past year and Heineken’s Worlds Apart campaign in an effort to start a conversation with people of polar opposite perspectives was BEAUTIFULLY done. Pepsi tried (and notably) failed at doing this. The campaign asked the question: “can two strangers with opposing views prove that there’s more than that unites us than divides us?”

I used to live in Germany, close to a Heineken factory, so the beer was always top of mind when I choose what kind of beer I would like to drink. However, what this campaign did for me was make me proud to be a Heineken beer drinker. I wasn’t ashamed and it gave me a strong brand to stand next to, which is a trend that millennials in particular seek brands that stand for something. It was effective because this was a real demonstration of different people, rather than as Rory Sutherland put it, trying to show their culturally awareness bra strap that makes people cringe.

The target had to be obviously for those who are older than 21 but also for those who are young thinkers, in an ever-changing work. They target people who travel and have to encounter a myriad of different personalities.

I think this is one of my favorite and more effective campaigns I’ve seen in a while.

Campaign Video

No comments:

Post a Comment